Thursday, August 21, 2008

Quick project note . . .

Hi everyone, I just wanted to show you a commission project I am finishing up. This project was commissioned by a regular customer of mine. She wanted a mirror for the bathroom just off the pool. For inspiration, I used a piece I did a couple of years ago - Flow Blue.


The water reference is obvious, except I didn't know that it was going to be off the pool. The only information I had was that it was going to be in a bathroom and the bathroom was going to have a blue and green glass tile border. It was just one of those divine things that led me to choose Flow Blue as my inspiration. So, we decided to use a variety of glass tile and gradate the color from blue to green and dark to light.

Here is the mirror before grout. I just finished it yesterday and am really pleased with how it turned out. I will be doing a gradated grout too. I will show you when it is done.

No comments: