Thursday, January 10, 2008

Moving On

With the intersecting circles basically finished (still haven't decided on the changes talked about last time, but I have plenty to do, so I will let them go for now), I have moved on to the base of the fireplace enclosure -- the horizontal hearth and the front face of the box. I finished the orange and the turquoise, no problems, no questions, and started into the first mirrored section.


The client and I had discussed these areas a little. We talked about the mirror being laid in an irregular pattern with some sparkly textured mirrors mixed throughout. My first thought was all squares, but that felt too structured. So, I through in some irregular shapes and diagonals. However, as the area began to grow, I wasn't liking the look as compared to the Karma tile areas. The tiled areas are all done in a regular pattern of gridded squares. I felt that the mirrored tiles needed to reflect some of that regular pattern, but being the contrarian that I am, I felt it needed to "move" a little more. So, I started to work the mirrored tiles into regular rectangles and rows, but not just normal rows, but rows that flow. I am liking it.

Back to work I go . . .

No comments: