Friday, January 4, 2008

Sonji Says . . .

Ok, I have to put in a quick plug for Sonji. She has been heaping praises on me today, so I need to tell of you about her.

Sonji Hunt is a fabric artist from Milwaukee, WI. I met her this summer at an outdoor arts festival in Bayfield, WI. Like she said, be it the heat, the boredom, or the fact that she sees in fabric what I see in dishes, we hit it off immediately.

Sonji's work often gets lumped into the category of "Art Quilts" but her work is like no quilt you have ever seen. Check out Sonji's blog "Sonji Says" and if you Google her, you will find her web site as well. It was Sonji's blog that inspired me to start this one.

Thank you Sonji, I love your work, am inspired by your talent and drive, and am honored to call you friend.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree. Sonji is great; talented, funny, and inspiring, and I've never even met her face to face. She has encouraged me to "go for it" with my work and my blog, and I'm a better artist because of that.
Congratulations on your commission project (looks wonderful so far) and your new blog!

Sharra Frank, Mosaic Artist said...

Linda, what an exciting project! I love your new blog- will definitely stop by again. Your work is beautiful.

Sharra

PS thanks for including me in your links! :)

Sonji Hunt said...

Well, right back at you Linda...and Michelle, also. Thank you.